10 Quick Tips about Interviews
- Smile! It’s contagious.
- Make eye contact, but don’t be creepy. If you’re unsure, hold eye contact for five seconds, then look away.
- Sit up straight, you’ll exude confidence.
- Mints are your best friend; pop a couple before you enter the building. Avoid chewing gum as there is a possibility you may forget to dispose of it and mindlessly chomp on it during the interview
- Fight the urge to crack your knuckles, play with your hair, or touch your face too much.
- Have a conversation. Neither party should feel as though they are reciting a monologue.
- Bring a pen, something to write on, and a few intelligently prepared questions for your interviewer.
- Do not discuss compensation.
- It’s ok to be a little selfish. Investigate the company’s vision and mission statements, their principles, and what current employees love about working there to see if those ideals align with your own.
- Breathe, relax, and enjoy yourself. Consider every interview you go on as practice for the next one.
Find Your Executive Assistant Now
If you're interested in hiring an executive assistant, personal assistant, office manager, or other support staff, we can make finding the perfect candidate fast and easy. Contact us to get started.Find My Assistant