Office Manager Staffing & Recruitment
Do You Need Help with Office Manager Recruitment?
The Office Manager is critical to a well-run, efficient business operation. The Office Manager is a Jack-of-All-Trades and the role can be broad in scope and encompass many different aspects of running a business, including administrative management, human resources, facility management, and technical support. If you are thinking of adding or replacing an Office Manager, C-Suite Assistants can help fill this pivotal role in your business.
What’s the Role of an Office Manager?
The Office Manager is involved in hiring and training staff, payroll, managing the conference room, medical benefits, telephone system, office renovation or transitioning to a larger space, and implementing new CRM systems.
At a small to mid-size office of between 15 to 120 people, the Office Manager typically reports to the CEO or COO. At a larger firm, the Office Manager may have less responsibility and is often part of a larger administrative team, reporting to the COO or CAO and supporting specific office management functions such as running the conference room or onboarding new employees.
Office Manager Responsibilities Often Include the Following Duties:
- Managing receptionists, including telephone and incoming/outgoing mail and packages
- Overseeing office supplies and equipment vendor relationships and company spend
- Acting as primary contact with building and other company vendors when needed for cleaning, maintenance, repairs, etc.
- Negotiating the purchase of office supplies and furniture; including identifying efficiencies in company spend, where possible
- Ensuring office supplies, printer and kitchen supplies are in stock
- Creating and maintaining a list of approved office vendors, such as vendors for office supplies, furniture, equipment, travel and hotels
- Ensuring conference rooms are tidy and stocked with necessary items on a daily basis (as a backup)
- Assisting receptionists and assistants, as needed
- Spearheading the Emergency Action Plan for all offices
- Acting as liaison with American Express Corporate travel and managing American Express Corporate Card program in conjunction with Finance
- Organizing internal employee events such as monthly breakfasts or holiday parties
- Assisting HR with special projects and the onboarding and exiting of employees
- Ordering/canceling employee building IDs
- Maintaining seating plan chart
- Organizing workstations for new hires/leavers
- Creating nameplates for new hires
- Entering new hires into Concur, or other travel and expense system
- Overseeing office moves, including vendor relationships and coordination with the building
What Our Office Management Recruitment Agency Looks for in Candidates
And what makes a good Office Manager? Aside from a high attention to detail and excellent project management skills, the key to success in this role is flexibility and a high level of emotional intelligence, and the ability to grasp the goals of the business and relate to everyone in the organization at every level from the mail room attendant to the Chairman of the Board. For this very important function, C-Suite Assistants has extensive experience in the recruitment of Office Managers and casts a wide net and researches deeply when searching for the perfect fit for your business.
Office Manager Recruitment: Candidate Skills & Qualities
As an expert office manager recruitment agency, here is what C-Suite looks for when sourcing Office Managers for our clients:
- Experience managing an administrative staff, including hiring, training and delegating work flow
- Experience managing a facility on a day to day basis
- Experience in moving an office including site selection, lease negotiation, construction supervision, interior design
- Maturity and strong emotional IQ
- Flexibility to deal with any situation
- High technical aptitude and level of skills, with the ability to research, evaluate and implement new systems
Leading Office Manager Recruitment Agency Since 2003
Whether you are a large or small business, how do you go about office management recruitment? You need an experienced and reputable office manager recruitment agency who can help you define the role to suit your needs. You need someone who specializes in officer managers. The answer is C-Suite Assistants: we’re one of the top office manager recruitment agencies around, and we’ve been placing top-tier Office Managers with our clients since 2003. For further information, call us at 646-214-7475 or contact us here for a free consultation on how we can serve you.
Find Your Office Manager Now
If you're interested in hiring an executive assistant, personal assistant, office manager, or other support staff, we can make finding the perfect candidate fast and easy. Contact us to get started.Find My Assistant