Executive Assistant to COO Staffing
Why Staffing an Assistant to the COO is Important
The Chief Operating Officer or “COO” of a company is a key C-Level Executive, most often reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. The COO is focused on the establishment and optimization of the day-to-day operations of the company. The essential duties and responsibilities may vary by industry, whether it be manufacturing, health care, financial services, accounting, bio-tech, pharmaceutical, etc. With the wide range of responsibilities the COO carries, staffing an assistant to COOs can be beneficial for the whole company.
We’re Experts in COO Assistant Staffing
Our expertise in COO assistant staffing is based on the understanding of the demands of the Chief Operating Officer’s role, and our experience recruiting COO’s for our Coleman & Company clients. We therefore know exactly what administrative support is required when it comes to COO assistant staffing.
What We Look for When Recruiting an Executive Assistant to the COO
Because the COO is interacting at every level of the organization, in addition to the basic administrative technical skills, the EA to the COO must have exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to navigate with ease through an organization at every level. The EA to the COO often acts as de facto “Chief of Staff” and knows every manager in every department and also what they do.
The EA to the COO must be a master at project management. Since the COO’s office keeps the whole business operating smoothly, the EA to the COO is highly organized, knows how to prioritize and is also process driven. The EA to the COO has a solid sense of commerce and understands the goals and objectives of senior management as it pertains to running the business. This individual frequently holds a college degree, has tenure with the organization and is a career admin.
Executive Assistant to Chief Operating Officer Responsibilities
While the responsibilities of the COO’s assistant may differ depending on the company, they generally include:
- Heavy Calendar Management
- Heavy Meeting Planning, Interdepartmental, Board meetings, Shareholder meetings
- Meeting preparation often involving heavy financial reporting, Financial Plans budgets, etc.
- Daily interaction with the office of the CEO
Common Responsibilities of the COO:
- Works with the CEO to establish and follow a financial plan that achieves the company’s financial goals, including expenditures, revenue goals and staff productivity goals.
- Supports and advises the CEO in decision making.
- Monitors the firm’s profitability, budget performance and revenue.
- Establishes operational processes/process improvement, best practices.
- Directs the company’s operations to meet budget and other financial goals.
- Oversees business policies and accounting practices.
- Analyzes and reviews financial reporting.
- Oversees annual budget process.
- Manages business insurance: procurement, monitoring and management.
- Oversees risk management and legal activities.
- Oversees the IT Director, ensuring that IT supports the company’s IT needs.
- Works closely with internal groups to constantly improve client deliverables, make sure tasks are completed on time and provide support.
- Oversees office management: administrative functions for all offices.
- Uses technology and learns new software or technology applications as adopted by the firm.
- Ensures compliance of all firm policies and procedures.
Experts in Staffing Assistants to COO’s Since 2003
If you wish to learn more about our EA to COO staffing services, please call us at 646-214-7475 or contact us here.
Find Your Executive Assistant Now
If you're interested in hiring an executive assistant, personal assistant, office manager, or other support staff, we can make finding the perfect candidate fast and easy. Contact us to get started.Find My Assistant